By no means do I want you to look at these charts and say; "I'm going to hold my stock portfolio to the very end, it will come back." A majority of stocks don't come back, indices do. “The Russell 3000 index measures the performance of the largest 3000 U.S. companies, 98% of the investable U.S. equity market. 40% of the stocks had a negative return over their lifetime, 20% of stocks lost nearly all of their value, 10% of stocks recorded huge wins over 500%. 80% of the gains are a function of 20% of the stocks. --The Ivy Portfolio
- You need to learn how to live to fight another day.
- Acceptance is key to a long-term investing career. You will be wrong, accept that fact.
- Don't fall in love with individual stocks, they are nothing but pieces of paper.
- I need to liquidate has no idea who "a good company" is. When panic sets in, the good companies go down the same waste line as the bad ones.
- I know you heard this one before; "The market will stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."
I need you to realize that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, crisis investing:
My name is Frank Zorrilla, a Registered Advisor in the State of New York.
Getting Started Is Easy